My favorite comparison to the question of “I need a price for SEO services” is “I need a price for a car.” So, what type of car? What are your goals? Drive short distances, long distances, 2 people, 6 people, environmental considerations, how much get up and go, etc. The same applies to SEO – we need to understand your goals and needs before we can give you a price.
We have recently received several SEO specific proposals. For many healthcare organizations, search engine optimization is a priority in theory, but tough to allocate enough time on a day to day basis. So, we have the conversation, provide SEO best estimates, and our content team jumps in to help. At AVID Design, we can take care of project based sections or an entire website, putting strong metadata in place and incorporating keyword phrases into content for improved SEO. The dilemma is most often pricing these services in line with client needs – both short and long term.
For a successful SEO plan to come into fruition, what needs to happen first are the conversations about organizational goals and objectives, understanding new services and advances in technology, processing the keyword research, and making sure we are working together as a team to drive strong results.
Here are a few things to consider when you go into a conversation about SEO with your current or potential web partner:
- How big is your site? A clinic that specializes in one area, such as orthopedics or diabetes, is going to have a very different SEO experience than a large hospital group. You can choose to tackle your entire site for improved traffic, or you can choose to focus on a more specific area of your expertise.
- Do you need content? Be honest about this one, because no amount of SEO work will really improve your site unless you have excellent content in place. At AVID Design, we help clients with these needs by offering a variety of content writing services, depending on their needs.
- Are you a local hospital with some competition, or a nationally recognized organization? Geographical information can be a huge help in getting your targeted clientele to your website, but you may want to expand this if you’re hoping to reach out to the entire country or an international clientele.
- Does your current website support SEO best practices? Metadata, robots.txt files, XML sitemaps, and proper redirects all have an impact on your site. Make sure that all of these capabilities are not only available, but also in use, or they won’t do you any good.
- Do you have resources to dedicate to ongoing SEO management? Many organizations don’t have the option of dedicating personnel to SEO maintenance, but may be able to set up a plan with a web partner for ongoing SEO work.
Sometimes it’s hard to justify and/or spend money on maintenance – on cars or on websites – but taking good care of anything on a routine basis means that performance is improved – both short and long term. And, just like car services, not all technicians are created equal. You take your car to a mechanic that knows your specific engine and model idiosyncrasies and the same applies to SEO. Not all search engine experts have the necessary expertise in service line specific clinical knowledge and healthcare industry trends. Make sure you take your website content and SEO needs to the most qualified expert to get the job done!
How does your organization manage SEO intiatives?
AVID Design offers full-scale written and visual communication services for hospitals and healthcare systems, including SharePoint, Web design, SEO and PPC content development and assessment, online video and rich media, analytics and measurement, content management systems and more.
Meredith Rose and Dani Holland | Content Services Team | AVID Design
Leave a Comment